Center for Health IMPACT™ (formerly Central Massachusetts Area Health Education Center) Outreach Worker Training Institute
- Offering certificate courses tailored to public health workers who are community health workers (CHWs) employed in health and social service agencies.
- Educational resources for better hearing health
- Non-profit organization funded by Oticon that aims to foster a better understanding of the human dynamics of hearing loss and patient centered care.
- Download this free app called Hearingcheck from the Starkey Hearing Foundation. Check your hearing or measure the noise level anywhere, and learn how to protect your hearing.
- Statewide network of community health workers (CHWs) from all disciplines. (Hearing Partnership offers training for CHWs working in any medical, residential or allied health setting.)
- Establish standards for the education and training of community health workers, and requirements for community health worker certification and renewal of certification.
- Principal agency in the Commonwealth on behalf of people of all ages who are deaf and hard of hearing, providing communication access, case management, and other services to deaf and hard of hearing citizens.
- Community health workers (CHWs) are a vital component of the health care system in Massachusetts and throughout the country.
National Academy of Science, Engineering and Medicine (formerly, Institute of Medicine) Study Committee on Accessible and Affordable Hearing Health Care for Adults
- The purpose of this NAS study is to “provide short- and long-term recommendations for solutions” to improve the hearing health care system. See our press release regarding the study's endorsement of Community Health Workers (CHWs) in hearing health care. (Click on link and Scroll down to the September 6, 2016 blog entry for this press release).
- Part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), conducts and supports research in the normal and disordered processes of hearing, balance, taste, smell, voice, speech, and language.
- Life is made up of sharing ideas, dreams and goals. Hearing is vital to that. Giving one person the gift of hearing may seem like a small act of kindness, but it has a compounding effect on the future of our world.